cnc router of using a sacrificial bed
Placed on top of an aluminum vacuum deck, the sacrificial bed allows the cnc router to fully cut through material without permanently damaging the deck. When set correctly, the tool will very lightly mark the surface of the MDF, which can be skimmed regularly to keep it smooth and flat and to minimize vacuum leakage.
For cnc router operations, there are two ways to attach your MDF. Option one is the MDF is placed loosely upon the cnc router machine and requires the strength of the vacuum pump or blower to hold it in place. Option two is the MDF is mechanically fixed to the machine vacuum deck using the t-slots. This ensures the bed is flat and allows the surface to be regularly skimmed, improving cutting efficiently and sacrificial bed lifespan.
A mechanically fixed sacrificial bed inevitably has a longer life span. A fixed bed allows operators to re-skim the surface after which they’ll be cutting in a new, clean working area. After skimming the bed, the accuracy of the Z axis is more reliable and therefore, provides high quality cutting and precision.
If the surface is skimmed by 0.2mm on a weekly basis, we recommend the MDF bed is replaced after six months, depending on the type of work you’re completing. The core of the MDF can become “furry” making it difficult to hold smaller parts at the end of the cutting process. If the CNC router is predominately processing larger components, the hold down will be perfectly acceptable for a further six months.
Replacing your mechanically fixed sacrificial bed is relatively straight forward and should take no more than a few hours to complete, depending on the size of cnc router machine. Make sure there is no swarf or debris between the aluminum vacuum deck and your new piece of MDF.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Common reasons for CNC machine tools mechanical...
- Note CNC plasma cutting
- Selection of laser engraving machine supporting...
- CNC milling machine tool runout processing method
- Laser engraving machine maintenance
- Wood engraving machine for woodworking cutter s...
- Tradition since carving techniques
- CNC equipment manufacturing industry has become...
- How to distinguish wood engraving machine
- The rotary shaft is mounted and parameter settings
- EHP48 cnc router introduce
- CNC router for small and mid-sized shops
- Maintenance of CNC nesting machine S9
- MISSILECNC ROUTER MACHINE APPLICATION
- Understand the composition of MISSILE CNC Router
- Dust Collector Makes CNC Router a Clean Machine